2nd trimester must-haves: 23 weeks pregnant

Thursday, November 10, 2016

If you're a first time mom like me, it's hard to know what you'll need during and after pregnancy. So, I wanted to share a few items that I have loved so far during my 2nd trimester.

2nd trimester must haves

1. Maternity pj's
I bought myself this set (which is on sale right now), from Thyme maternity and was going to save it for the hospital, but decided I might as well make use of it now!

2. Wireless bra
With my ever expanding breasts, this wireless bra from GAP has been a life saver! It's honestly the most comfortable bra I have ever owned and I even wear it to bed.

3. Sneakers
With lower back aches and tired legs being an every day occurrence, finding a comfortable and supportive shoe is important. And why not take advantage of all those trendy new styles!

4. Stretch mark cream
There are so many options out there for stretch mark prevention, ranging from inexpensive to ridiculously overpriced, but I have enjoyed using Earth Mama Body Butter. They have a range of organic products that I hope to use after pregnancy and for baby as well.

5. Cute notebook
I know we are in the age of technology, but I still enjoy writing down my weekly updates in my "baby journal". I started a new journal while we were trying to get pregnant and have continued through the weeks of pregnancy.

Here is my 23 week update if you're interested.

Size of baby: Grapefruit
Weight gain: 14.5 lbs


What am I wearing: Maternity clothes?
My outfits are getting less and less interesting, and I always end up wearing the same things. My husband has given me "permission" to go out and buy some new clothes, since every morning I end up going through so many outfits trying to find something to wear. Comfort is key!

How do I feel: Symptoms? 
Have had very sore hips lately, and easily tired. I've been drinking a mid-day caffeinated tea this week (which I usually don't) just to get through the work day. I am also starting to notice my balance and centre of gravity is changing as my belly gets bigger.


Movement: Baby is always moving and I love those little reminders each time that we are going to have a baby!

Sleep: Have been getting as much sleep as possible lately to rest my tired body.

What I'm most looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery this weekend!

Outfit details: 
Burgundy sweater: Joe Fresh (non-maternity) | Jeans: Rich & Skinny (non-maternity) | Ankle boots: Gap

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 10, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for your comment, I love getting your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images are property of Little Red Purse unless referenced otherwise. Powered by Blogger.