Wedding Wednesday: Guest book DIY (Part1)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

After searching high and low for the right type of scrapbook, I finally found what I was looking for at Deserre's art store. I was wandering around for hours looking at everything trying to decide on a theme for the guest book. I wanted to keep it very simple yet classy so I picked a neutral colour palette of ivory and gold. Here's what I've got so far.
 
Standard black ringed scrapbook
Gather necessary supplies such as paper and adhesives. Decide on a theme or style to tie into your wedding theme in order to keep everything cohesive.
  
I decided to use our engagement photos as a way to tie into our wedding. When choosing photos for your guest book, be sure to group like photos together to create a story throughout the book.
Decide on a layout for your photos that is appealing for your guests to look through, but don't forget to leave enough space for them to leave you messages as well.
I decided to add my own paper to the inside front and back covers as a formal way to start and finish off the book.
 Measure out the exact size of the book cover and cut and paste thoroughly.
 
That's all for now since I am taking my time. Sorry but you'll have to check back next week to see the end result. Lastly, cheers to my first outfit of the Fall Challenge. 
Top & Pants: Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Airwalk

9 Comments »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

9 Responses to “Wedding Wednesday: Guest book DIY (Part1)”

  1. I love the gold & ivory color palette - it's so timeless and will look amazing in years ahead when you look back!
    Hope you're having a great week!
    xx
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guestbook idea is fabulous - so far it looks great!! Also, how cute is your outfit? I love plaid in the fall :)

    xDanielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are precious! I love this diy for your guest book, and I love your outfit! Great color on you!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow can't wait to see your final product!!! Love!
    Come follow my blog hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit!! Can't wait to see the finished book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where were you able to purchase your book? I have not been able to find just a plain album like that. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is from Deserre's art store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I love getting your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images are property of Little Red Purse unless referenced otherwise. Powered by Blogger.